[Terms of Service for "Adapter Wallet"]
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Agreement is to prescribe the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the Company and its users and other necessary matters in connection with the use of the Adapter Wallet service provided by Sinest ("Company").
Article 2 (Definitions)
The definitions of terms used in these Terms and Conditions are as follows, and the interpretation of terms not defined is as prescribed in the relevant statutes and separate guidance within the service application.
Paragraph 1. The term "members" means users who agree to the terms and conditions of service provided by the company and use the scope of service provided by the company.
Paragraph 2. The term "non-member" means a user who uses the scope of the service without a separate subscription procedure.
Paragraph 3. The term "service" means a service operated by the company and any service provided by the company to the user through additional development, etc.
Paragraph 4. The term "virtual asset" means the object of the service as information that exists electronically in the blockchain such as Bitcoin and Ethereum that can be transmitted from the service provided by the company.
Paragraph 5. The term 'wallet' is a set of blockchain addresses required for services provided by the company. Users can create and manage wallets for each network, and registered wallets are used to track transactions and transfer virtual assets.
Paragraph 6. The term "password" means a combination of letters and numbers approved by the company by the member in order to confirm the identity of the member and protect the member information.
Paragraph 7. The term "PIN number" means a six-digit number set by a member to confirm the identity of the user before withdrawing the virtual asset. Depending on the user's settings, it is also used in the app execution stage.
Paragraph 8. The term "Import Wallet" means the user's restoration without any intervention in the wallet and virtual assets owned by the user when the user installs a new service due to the replacement or loss of the mobile phone (other reasons for installation).
Paragraph 9. The term 'Deposit' and 'withdrawal' refer to any act of transferring assets from a wallet provided by the service to another wallet.
Section 10. The term 'Private words' means a combination of 12 English words used to import a user's wallet. It is provided in encrypted form to allow users to access and manage their virtual assets. The generated Private words can only be checked by the user who created it, and the company does not store the information of the generated Private words. You are responsible for the loss of the Private words.
Article 3 (Effect/Change of Terms, etc.)
Paragraph 1. The company publishes the contents of these terms and conditions within the service or through a link screen so that users can easily understand them.
Paragraph 2. If deemed necessary, the company may amend these terms and conditions to the extent that it does not violate relevant laws such as "Act On The Regulation Of Terms And Conditions," "Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection," "Act on Consumer Protection in e-commerce, etc.
Paragraph 3. When the company revises these terms and conditions, the service shall announce the revision details and the date of application from 7 days before the application date of application. However, if the user changes unfavorably, the notice will be announced 30 days before the application date.
Paragraph 4. Users who cannot be notified individually by using the service provided by the company without separate authentication shall be notified through notice of the service operated by the company, app push, etc. However, users who have completed separate email authentication or self-authentication will be notified individually, including announcements and app push. If it is difficult to notify individually due to changes in the user's e-mail or if it is returned more than twice even though the notice is made to the contact information registered by the user, it is considered to have been notified individually by giving a notice under these terms.
Paragraph 5. If the company does not explicitly refuse to express its intention if it does not express its intention to the user by the day before the application date, the user agrees to the revised terms and conditions.
Paragraph 6. If the user does not agree to the revised terms and conditions, the user may express his/her refusal to the company and terminate the service contract by the day before the application date.
Article 4 (Interpretation of Terms and Conditions)
Paragraph 1. The company may have a separate operation policy in addition to these terms and conditions.
Paragraph 2. The matters or interpretations not prescribed in these terms and conditions shall be governed by the operational policy and relevant laws and regulations.
2. Service use contract
Article 5 (Restriction on the establishment and acceptance of service use contracts)
Paragraph 1. The use contract is concluded by a person who intends to become a member by agreeing to the contents of the terms and conditions provided by the company and then completing the subscription according to the procedure set by the company.
Paragraph 2. The company may terminate the use contract if any of the following reasons are found even after the membership.
1) An act of interfering with the company's normal service by causing a load on the company's server by using a service different from its normal use, such as using an automatic access program, etc
2) If the company violates the operational policy disclosed by the notice in the service;
3) In the event that a member's death
4) Where the personal information of a third party is used or illegally used when applying for membership;
5) In the case of threatening the system, such as changing the company's homepage or client program or hacking the company's server without obtaining special authority from the company;
6) Where an act is deemed to be related to a crime or an activity in violation of relevant laws and regulations;
Paragraph 3. The period of establishment of the contract is when the subscription is completed, but if the reason for termination of the contract is confirmed, the contract may be terminated.
Paragraph 4. The company may collect the minimum amount of information necessary for the service use of the members in addition to the items required for membership registration. To this end, the member will faithfully notify the company's inquiry. In this case, the company uses and manages the information of the members to be collected in accordance with these terms and conditions, personal information handling policies, and the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection.
Article 6 (Technical requirements for service use)
Paragraph 1. The following specifications must be met in order to use the services supplied by the company normally. Service availability may be restricted if the user does not meet the required specifications below.
1) Mobile devices (smartphones, tablet PCs)
The service works best with the latest full version of the OS, and the minimum supported OS version information is as follows:
- Android: SDK Version 16, Android Version 4.1 - 4.1.1 or later
- iOS: iOS 11.0 or later
Article 7 (Management of non-member information)
Paragraph 1. The company does not store and manage information on users who use the scope of the service without a separate subscription procedure. Exceptions apply to the information below.
1) If you enter an email address to receive an answer through 'Contact Us'
Article 8 (Management of member information)
Paragraph 1. If the access information (password, PIN number) of the account registered by the member matches that registered by the company, the user shall be regarded as a member without any other verification procedure.
Paragraph 2. The member is responsible for keeping all account information, including account access information, securely so that a third party without his permission does not access the member's account without permission.
Paragraph 3. The member shall immediately notify the company of the loss, theft, or disclosure of the account access information to a third party. The company can immediately stop using the account.
Paragraph 4. The company shall not be liable for damages caused by loss, theft, or disclosure of access information such as a member's account password. However, this is not the case if the company intentionally or by negligence.
Article 9 (Notification to Users)
Paragraph 1. If the company notifies the user, it may be posted on the notice in the service or on the company's website for at least 30 days, or send an app push, unless otherwise stipulated in these terms and conditions.
Paragraph 2. The company may replace the notice in the preceding paragraph by individual notification only if the user provides the company with an e-mail address, electronic memo, message in the service, etc.
Article 10 Provision of information and publication of advertisements
Paragraph 1. The company may provide various information deemed necessary during service use by e-mail, etc. with the prior consent of members. However, in the case of a member who has not used the company's service for six months, the company can provide various information by e-mail, etc. within the scope of the Information and Communication Network Utilization Promotion and Information Protection Act. A member may refuse to receive it by e-mail to the company at any time.
Paragraph 2. The company may post various information deemed necessary by the user during the service use through the notice or bulletin board in the service.
Paragraph 3. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the user's participation in the advertiser's promotional activities through advertising or as a result of communication or transaction
Article 11 (Protection of Personal Information)
The company strives to protect members' personal information as prescribed by relevant laws such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. and the Personal Information Protection Act. The relevant laws and company's personal information processing policy apply to the protection and use of personal information. However, the company's personal information processing policy does not apply to screens that are linked to the outside other than those produced and provided by the company.
5. Obligations, Compensation for Damages, etc
Article 12 (Company's Obligations)
Paragraph 1. The company shall comply with the relevant laws and regulations and these terms and conditions, and shall endeavor to provide continuous and stable service.
Paragraph 2. The company shall endeavor to protect personal information (including credit information) so that members can use the service safely, and shall disclose and comply with the personal information handling policy. The company shall not disclose or provide the member's personal information to a third party, except as prescribed in these terms and conditions and the personal information processing policy.
Paragraph 3. If the company deems that the opinions or complaints raised by the users regarding the use of the service are justified, it shall deal with them. For opinions or complaints raised by users, the process and results are delivered to members and users through a bulletin board or e-mail.
4. In order to provide continuous and stable service, the company shall make every effort to repair or repair equipment without delay, such as natural disasters, emergencies, failures or defects that cannot be solved by current technology.
Article 13 (Obligations of Users)
Paragraph 1. The user shall not: In the case of any of the following acts, sanctions may be imposed, including legal measures such as restricting users' use of services or prosecuting investigative agencies, in accordance with these terms and conditions and operating policies announced for each service.
1) unauthorized alteration of information posted by the company
2) Any processing of this Service and any other modification of the Service by reproduction, disassembly or imitation;
3) An act of interfering with the company's normal service by causing a load on the company's server by using a service different from its normal use, such as using an automatic access program, etc
4) Granting access rights to a third party other than the person himself/herself
5) Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyrights by the company and other third parties
6) an act that damages the reputation of the company and other third parties or interferes with business;
7) Use of services for profit without the consent of the company
8) other illegal or unjust acts
Paragraph 2. The user is responsible for managing the mobile device and should not be allowed to use it by others. The company is not responsible for damages caused by poor management of mobile devices or by accepting use of them to others.
Article 14 (Obligation of Members)
Paragraph 1. A member shall not do the following in addition to the user's obligations. In the case of any of the following acts, sanctions may be imposed, including legal measures such as restricting the use of services by members, deleting accounts, and prosecuting investigative agencies, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
1) Registration of false information when applying for and changing membership or using services
2) Steal information about others
3) Granting of account authority to a third party other than the person himself/herself
Paragraph 2. The member is responsible for managing the account of the member and should not be allowed to use it by others. The company is not responsible for any damage caused by poor management of the account or by accepting the use of it to others.
Article 15 (Provision of Services, etc.)
Paragraph 1. The company provides the following services to users.
1) Creating a new wallet address
2) Verification of virtual assets held, such as ADP, ETH, etc
3) Transfer of held virtual assets such as ADP, ETH, etc
4) Registration and cancellation of virtual assets visible through the service
5) All other services developed by the company or provided to users through partnership contracts with other companies
Paragraph 2. In principle, the service is provided 24 hours a day, 24/7.
Paragraph 3. The company may conduct regular inspections, temporary inspections, and emergency inspections if necessary for the provision of services, and each inspection time shall be as notified on the service delivery screen. In this case, the company notifies the user in advance through the service initial screen or notice board. However, if there is an unavoidable reason that the company cannot notify in advance, it can be notified afterwards. In addition, the use of the service may be partially or entirely restricted during each inspection, and we are not responsible for any damages caused by the service unless it is intentional or negligible by the company.
Article 16 (Change of Service)
Paragraph 1. The company may change the contents, operation, technical matters, etc. of the service in order to provide a stable service.
Paragraph 2. When the company changes the service, it shall notify the change details and application date in advance. However, if there is an unavoidable reason that the company cannot announce in advance, it can be announced afterwards.
Paragraph 3. If the member does not agree to change the service, he/she may express his/her refusal to the company and terminate the contract.
Article 17 (Compensation for Damages)
Paragraph 1. In the event of damage to the user due to the company's responsible reasons, the scope of the company's damages includes ordinary damages prescribed by the Civil Act, and damages caused by special circumstances are liable for compensation only when the company knows or knows the circumstances.
Paragraph 2. In any of the following cases, the user may bear all or part of the responsibility:
1) Where a user intentionally or negligently leaks unique information, service access devices, or possible means and transaction information that can access the wallet to a third party, or causes the user to use the service arbitrarily;
2) Where there is any other intention or negligence of the user in the occurrence of damage;
Paragraph 3. The company shall not be liable for damages caused to the user due to the company's irresponsible reasons.
Paragraph 4. If the information provided to the company is not true, the company may at any time discontinue the service and terminate the contract in whole or in part under this Agreement, and if the damage occurs to the company, it may claim compensation from the member.
Paragraph 5. The user shall compensate the company for all damages caused by intentional or negligent acts such as obstructing the company's service or related system operation.
Paragraph 6. The company may modify, discontinue, or change some or all of the services provided due to the company's policy and operational reasons, and shall not compensate for such changes unless otherwise provided for in the relevant laws and regulations.
Article 18 (Exemption)
Paragraph 1. The company shall not be liable for damages caused to the user or a third party due to the following reasons:
1) Where the service cannot be provided due to a natural disaster or equivalent force majeure;
2) Where a user has lost or leaked important information related to his/her service in order to use the company's services by neglecting to manage such information;
3) Where the service cannot be used due to the failure of the public communication line other than the company's management area;
4) In the case of a failure of communication services, etc. without reasons attributable to the company;
5) A network failure or failure of each digital asset (for example, a bitcoin network) occurs
6) In the case of compliance with administrative dispositions, orders, etc. by government agencies in practice or by law;
Paragraph 2. The company is not obligated to intervene in disputes arising from services between users or between users and third parties, and is not liable to compensate for damages caused by such disputes unless there are reasons attributable to the company.
Paragraph 3. When it is proved that the manager has fulfilled his/her care as follows, he/she shall not be liable for the damage.
1) Appointment and management of information protection officers
2) Information Protection Education
3) Protection measures for control rooms (where computer, communications and security equipment are installed), facilities in the building where control rooms are located, information protection systems (equipment and programs to protect information from leaking, falsifying, damaging, or interfering with the information processing system's normal services) and information processing systems (including digital asset transactions)
4) Establishment of countermeasures for information security incidents
5) Regular inspection of information protection measures and countermeasures against security accidents, etc
6) Other matters prescribed by laws related to information protection;
Article 18 (Jurisdiction of the governing law and jurisdiction)
Paragraph 1. Disputes arising between the company and the user shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea.
Paragraph 2. The court with jurisdiction over the dispute between the company and the user shall be the court that the parties agree to decide, and if no agreement is reached, it shall be the court under the Civil Procedure Act.
This Service Terms and Conditions will be effective from ####.